Thursday, April 9, 2009

Who's the old lady?

I am.

I started my half-marathon training regimen last week and I gotta admit it: I'm and OLD FART. (Yeah, mom, that makes you ANCIENT. Older than ancient, even. According to my tally, you pre-date dirt.)

I'm up to about 3 miles before my lungs give out and that little hollow space where my kidney used to be starts screaming, "WHAT THE HELL, YOU CRAZED PSYCHOPATH?!!!" There's also the back problems, which I thank you so profusely for, Da' Momma.

The upside is that the stretches I do after running are pretty beneficial for my back. The unanticipated downside is that running for miles on end does nothing to quell the exuberance of Maggie the Monster Dog. I now believe she could run the whole marathon herself and still come home to eat the furniture.

The marathon (of which I will only be doing half - I can only be so masochistic) will be taking place over the Fourth of July weekend in Pacasmayo. If you're interested in reading more about the event, it's the Pacasmayo International Marathon. Whether you read up on it or not, please wish me luck. I can only hope that I survive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you do?

(I know I'm way behind in my post reading and maybe you already have posted it and I just need to catch up)...