Lonely Planet Peru guide (6th ed., Feb. 2007), p.92 "The exquisitely balconied Palacio Arzobispal to the left of the cathedral is a relatively modern building, dating to 1924. On the northeast side, the Palacio de Gobierno was built in 1937 and is the residence of Peru's president. A handsomely uniformed presidential guard is on duty all day." You can see that in the picture of the Palacio de Gobierno, the presidential guard is clearly on duty, evidenced by their tank-like vehicle with the mounted gun. That's not quite the guard the book refers to (because they refer to the more prettily dressed ones at the door, who ceremoniously go through a changing of the guard at noon every day), but it gives you a stronger idea of their concept of protection.


2 comments:
These had to be the most anal-retentive (and properly sourced) blog postings that I've seen in a while. Love it!
Like I told Morgan before you (next post down), people are actually having their lawyers sue people who post other people's copyrighted work. I'm trying not to take credit and hope no one goes sue-happy on my tush.
Post a Comment