What was supposed to be a few days has now turned into a couple of weeks. Shortly after moving to the new house, two things happened and one thing remained the same - all of which prevented me from writing. They are as follows, in perfectly chronological order and numbered for Andrew's personal viewing pleasure:
1) My mom was visiting and we decided to attend the FREE PUPPY event at the American Embassy. And basically, all you have to do to have a whining, peeing, poo-ing, biting, vampiric little tramp in your house is to send my mom to an event that gives away FREE PUPPIES. So yeah, we got another dog. Her name is Maggie and I am dangerously close to losing my mind and have completely sworn off puppies for the rest of my natural born life.
2) Also since my mom was visiting, we decided to take her out for a nice meal. At this (supposedly) great restaurant that sits on a pile of rocks out in the middle of the ocean, La Rosa Nautica. Well, I basically consumed everything the books tell you not to, other than the tap water, which I specifically asked the waiter if that's what he served us. I ate shrimp coctail and ceviche (fish cooked in lime or lemon juice), I consumed a daquiri, and then I ate a completely raw strawberry. The fish tasted a little old or not all-the-way-cooked, and the daquiri was a little sweet - the strawberry? It was a taste of heaven. And for one of these fine dining experiences, I was destined to pay. I quickly contracted food poisoning and was down for the count for a week.
3) And the one thing remaining the same? We still don't have internet at the house. I don't know what's happening here, but I turned on the computer today and magically had a connection. I'm not questioning it right now because now? I'm loving every second of my connection to a world outside of Lima.
1) My mom was visiting and we decided to attend the FREE PUPPY event at the American Embassy. And basically, all you have to do to have a whining, peeing, poo-ing, biting, vampiric little tramp in your house is to send my mom to an event that gives away FREE PUPPIES. So yeah, we got another dog. Her name is Maggie and I am dangerously close to losing my mind and have completely sworn off puppies for the rest of my natural born life.
2) Also since my mom was visiting, we decided to take her out for a nice meal. At this (supposedly) great restaurant that sits on a pile of rocks out in the middle of the ocean, La Rosa Nautica. Well, I basically consumed everything the books tell you not to, other than the tap water, which I specifically asked the waiter if that's what he served us. I ate shrimp coctail and ceviche (fish cooked in lime or lemon juice), I consumed a daquiri, and then I ate a completely raw strawberry. The fish tasted a little old or not all-the-way-cooked, and the daquiri was a little sweet - the strawberry? It was a taste of heaven. And for one of these fine dining experiences, I was destined to pay. I quickly contracted food poisoning and was down for the count for a week.
3) And the one thing remaining the same? We still don't have internet at the house. I don't know what's happening here, but I turned on the computer today and magically had a connection. I'm not questioning it right now because now? I'm loving every second of my connection to a world outside of Lima.



4 comments:
Thank you for the bullet points. My OCD likes it :)
My OCD returns your smile. De nada, amigo!
I love your posts and the pics of your puppy!! Her nose is sooo cute. People are really into dogs in the czech republic so its fun to see all the cute dogs. I will be in touch more when I get back on the weekend. Hope you're doing well!
I love your new company, this puppy. I wish I could have one here. He/She is sooooo cute. PS: Both of your puppies are cute.
Post a Comment