Tuesday, August 25, 2009

From then til now

Andrew, Mel, Estee and Martha left about a week and a half ago, leaving me with an empty house and a half a pan of lasagna (don't worry, kids, Anthony inhaled it). We really didn't have a lot of time together, as the majority of their vacation was spent (sick) in Puno and (recovering) in Cuzco. They did get to try a restaurant Anthony and I had never tried before, sample some cocktails at Astrid and Gaston, go dancing on Pizza Street (looking for someone to love you for your Greencard-giving abilities? Then go to Pizza Street), and visit Ethnic Peru for an alpaca clothing fashion show, traditional dancing, horses, and shopping (there were even a couple of truly frightened alpacas that you could chase around their pen).

It must be noted that, despite what I've said about Pizza Street, I managed to dance with the only other American in the room besides ourselves. Clearly, my unattraction to Peruvians is manifesting itself.

And if it weren't for this headache I've got, blocking all my thoughts, I would write more about our cab ride out to Astrid and Gaston - I'm sure it's the first time my friends have been able to fit 5 people into a cab before. Even cabbies in NYC don't allow that.

I would also tell you about the fact that the bar refused to sell us water because they had "run out." Or the story of how NONE of us wanted to get up in time for the bus ride to Ethnic Peru at 8:45AM so I made things a little easier by trekking out to Dunkies and getting supplies.

But that will all have to be implied, as I am in no shape for recounting stories at the moment.





In other news, it appears that we may be heading to Nogales, Mexico, for Anthony's next assignment. There are still some hurdles to cross, but some things are going our way so it continues to look like a positive and potential future. Watch this space for updates.
Now I'm off to down a bottle of Advil and a bottle of Gatorade.

No comments: